Welcome. I appreciate your interest! I’m a professor of history who loves teaching. Besides actually teaching students, I love reading, thinking, talking, and writing about teaching. Fortunately, I get to do these things year-round.
I focus my scholarship in the discipline of history and in the arena of higher education. However, no matter our content matter or educational level, we instructors share many common joys and challenges. We can learn a lot from the scholarship of teaching and learning – and from one another – about the complex set of skills required to teach.
I’d be thrilled if this site contributes to our collective thinking. On this site you’ll find:
- Occasional blog posts – check back or subscribe to receive updates/new posts
- Information about and materials from my recent book, Transforming History
- Resources I recommend about teaching and learning
- Workshops I can facilitate
- Links to two oral history projects I’ve done with students
Learn more about me or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.